Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inGamer News

DRAGONBALL Z - BURSTLIMIT

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ObiwanKanBlowMe

ObiwanKanBlowMe

Number of posts : 4478
Localisation : Manchester - THE BEST PLACE TO LIVE ON THE FUCKING PLANET
Registration date : 2007-06-15

DRAGONBALL Z - BURSTLIMIT Empty
PostSubject: DRAGONBALL Z - BURSTLIMIT   DRAGONBALL Z - BURSTLIMIT I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01 2008, 07:52

Well firstly, no doubt! You're wondering what the fudge is Dragon Ball Z - Burst Limit!??..Ok, well Dragon Ball Z is a highly popular Japanese Manga series inspired the Chinese Folk Novel Journey To The West. It's based around a monkey tailed boy named Goku, who was found by an old marital arts expert who raises him as his grandson.

The story develops from there and as a young adult Goku meets his older brother, Raditz, who tells him that they come from a race of extraterrestrials called Saiyans. The Saiyans had sent Goku to Earth to destroy it, but Goku had amnesia caused by his ships crash landing on earth. Goku, raised by humans, refuses to join Raditz and in turn becomes a defender of the planet he was sent to destroy. If you wish to read more regarding the back story have a read here....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragonball_z

Basically the game is a 2D, parts 3D beat 'em up of the Street Fighter II mould. I personally bought the game as I'm a huge fan of the Manga series & Comics. The graphics on this game are spot on, and it really is like watching the animated series. The action is fast paced & great fun. It can sometimes turn in to a button masher, but combos are easy to pull off & again your special moves are simple to pull off. So it's not as complex as Mortal Kombat for example..(can we say eww for up, down, right, left, left & X just to chop someone's head off!)

There's about 20-30 playable characters and 3 saga's to play through. Each Saga is based on a saga from the series, and again as a fan they are linked brilliantly. Each fight has a cut scene before and after and during the fight also depending on how it's going!

I fancied getting this game for a while, but didn't want to spend £40 on release given it's just a beat 'em up and there's normally not much lifespan in them.

However lifespan wise.......well I was right lol. After 2-3 days I've completed the game on the hardest setting, and playing it on live doesn't really interest me.

So if you're looking for a little fun for a couple of days I'd get this say on rental.

Graphics - 9/10 (Not gears standard, but for what it is and what it's based on, it's near perfect!)

Sound - 9/10 - Magical, just like watching the series, all the screams, voices & explosions are bang on!

Game play - 7/10 - Sometimes when losing a fight strategy seems to be replaced with a good old fashioned "twat the x button!"

Longevity - 3/10 - As above, great fun for a short while but not one for the long hall - though to be honest I'm pretty sure my youngest niece would love this type of game and the cartoon style graphics, so for the youngens, this might keep 'em quiet for a long time.

Overall - 7/10 -

gameplay footage

Last edited by OBI 1CAN BLO ME on Wed Oct 15 2008, 03:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rocket the frog

rocket the frog

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2007-07-12

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONBALL Z - BURSTLIMIT   DRAGONBALL Z - BURSTLIMIT I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01 2008, 09:41

that my tache faced friend looks fuckin pish Wanker
Back to top Go down
ObiwanKanBlowMe

ObiwanKanBlowMe

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONBALL Z - BURSTLIMIT   DRAGONBALL Z - BURSTLIMIT I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01 2008, 09:44

lmfao no tash now mate, all shaven lol...
Back to top Go down
rocket the frog

rocket the frog

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2007-07-12

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONBALL Z - BURSTLIMIT   DRAGONBALL Z - BURSTLIMIT I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01 2008, 09:45

what about your face lol!
Back to top Go down
ObiwanKanBlowMe

ObiwanKanBlowMe

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONBALL Z - BURSTLIMIT   DRAGONBALL Z - BURSTLIMIT I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01 2008, 09:47

lmfao hail the hero hail the hero taking the Piss

i should have seen that coming
Back to top Go down
Scottish Champ

Scottish Champ

Number of posts : 3432
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONBALL Z - BURSTLIMIT   DRAGONBALL Z - BURSTLIMIT I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01 2008, 11:24

rocket the frog wrote:
that my tache faced friend looks fuckin pish Wanker

Jodie but Selma
Back to top Go down
ObiwanKanBlowMe

ObiwanKanBlowMe

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONBALL Z - BURSTLIMIT   DRAGONBALL Z - BURSTLIMIT I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01 2008, 12:50

lmfao
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONBALL Z - BURSTLIMIT   DRAGONBALL Z - BURSTLIMIT I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DRAGONBALL Z - BURSTLIMIT
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Video Game Reviews-
Jump to: