Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inGamer News

BLACKSITE area51

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ImpaledGremlin
Admin
ImpaledGremlin

Number of posts : 2800
Registration date : 2007-06-14

BLACKSITE area51 Empty
PostSubject: BLACKSITE area51   BLACKSITE area51 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13 2008, 09:55

ok another game thats been out for absolutley ages, i know guy looked at this as a possible purchase much as i did but similarly veered away at release time

just a short review of this one chaps: oh and i didnt bother with online at all

Ok as i had some spare time and some credit i got assassins creed and blacksite to play whilst you mo fo's are working assassins creed was ok, very repetitive but got to stab thousands of people which is always a plus, glad i didnt buy in new though and as its part of a triolgy dont think im getting the other two either. Nuff said.

BLACKSITE: basically this is a shooter set mainly in Area 51 where all the secret testing is in america although game starts during desert storm the 1st gulf war in Iraq (pronouced by yanks as EYERACK)

anyhow your chap is part of a squad and they are looking for WMD so you go along killing iraqis and then you suddenly come across something well that simply isn't iraqi !

it all kicks off and you have to leave a bloke behind (unlike the PEAs). Next you are in America at Area 51 where something is going on which is a little unclear. Well without giving much away the 'things' that were once safely out of the way in EYERACK are now on US soil. this leads to mamoth fights with enhanced soldiers, bugs, giant creatures and alienesque things that try to eat you. Mainly the game has you running around, attacking/defending a building etc but you do also ride in a chopper using the minigun and a few times have to drive or operate the gun in a humvee.

So gameplay is very much pick up and play, didnt bother with the manual and to be honest you dont need it, click to crouch, trigger to fire, bumper for grenade and thats pretty much it, you cant run which is a little annoying as some missions have you going back and forth as parts of the base are attacked so it would be nice to get there a little quicker.

Graphically its ok, again not the best but it certainly is far from the worse out there. the monsters and soldiers all look real enough, buildings to look good and movement is realistic.

There is a meelee attack but i only used it a couple of times when basically i didnt have time to reload, this is a game where holding fire is the only option at times. Many of the creatures take a full clip to kill and often theres 2 or 3 or more running at you. Your AI squad can be directed to move to places or target a particular enemy but they are semi intelligent (just like Dags) and will attack the nearest threat. Also even if they die once you kill that particular wave of enemy attack they will jump up as if they had been having a nap, very handy.

All in all this was a fun game, not too in depth, not graphically stunning and perhaps a little silly with the story but it was very enjoyable to play.

i would give this 8/10 as a sp game like i said i didnt bother with online but i would actually recomend this a cheap buy to kill a weekend if you enjoy runnign round shooting the fuck out of mysterious creatures
Back to top Go down
ObiwanKanBlowMe

ObiwanKanBlowMe

Number of posts : 4478
Localisation : Manchester - THE BEST PLACE TO LIVE ON THE FUCKING PLANET
Registration date : 2007-06-15

BLACKSITE area51 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BLACKSITE area51   BLACKSITE area51 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13 2008, 10:09

Nice one mate, i got the demo of this and it put me off. But if i see it cheap knocking i might give it a dable.

Love the EYERACK & semi intelligent ref to dags lol!
Back to top Go down

BLACKSITE area51
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Video Game Reviews-
Jump to: