Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inGamer News

COD 5 WAW - ONLINE BETA

Go down 
+2
ObiwanKanBlowMe
Scottish Champ
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Scottish Champ

Scottish Champ

Number of posts : 3432
Registration date : 2007-06-19

COD 5 WAW - ONLINE BETA Empty
PostSubject: COD 5 WAW - ONLINE BETA   COD 5 WAW - ONLINE BETA I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15 2008, 05:13

COD 4 with old stylee guns and New maps

erm...........You can drive tanks. Awards for killing people without dying are, Spy Plane, Attack Dogs, And Artillery fire, not sure what order though
Dogs = pain in the arse harder to kill than people

Classes are back and so are perks. with a WWII twist

Hard to find cover cause everythings made of wood lol

Trying to remember more will update
Back to top Go down
ObiwanKanBlowMe

ObiwanKanBlowMe

Number of posts : 4478
Localisation : Manchester - THE BEST PLACE TO LIVE ON THE FUCKING PLANET
Registration date : 2007-06-15

PostSubject: Re: COD 5 WAW - ONLINE BETA   COD 5 WAW - ONLINE BETA I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15 2008, 05:17

still coming to terms that out of all of us, you get invited to play the beta lol there's irony for you!
Back to top Go down
guyderman

guyderman

Number of posts : 1853
Localisation : If there is a bright centre of the universe, Im in the city that is farthest from it - Birmingham
Registration date : 2007-07-11

PostSubject: Re: COD 5 WAW - ONLINE BETA   COD 5 WAW - ONLINE BETA I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15 2008, 05:19

Won't bother with this one.
Back to top Go down
ObiwanKanBlowMe

ObiwanKanBlowMe

PostSubject: Re: COD 5 WAW - ONLINE BETA   COD 5 WAW - ONLINE BETA I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16 2008, 01:55

I had a brief go last night and it seemed ok, pretty much COD4 (well you'd expect that with the engine) in world war 2. I'll write more 2nite/2moz after i've give the beta a few hours.
Back to top Go down
ImpaledGremlin
Admin
ImpaledGremlin

Number of posts : 2800
Registration date : 2007-06-14

PostSubject: Re: COD 5 WAW - ONLINE BETA   COD 5 WAW - ONLINE BETA I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23 2008, 08:11

OBI 1CAN BLO ME wrote:
I'll write more 2nite/2moz after i've give the beta a few hours.

clearly this is a very in depth preview he is writing as JK Rowling finished 5 complete books in this time Rolling Eyes

as rocket said last night - where the fuck is this write up lol
Back to top Go down
ObiwanKanBlowMe

ObiwanKanBlowMe

PostSubject: Re: COD 5 WAW - ONLINE BETA   COD 5 WAW - ONLINE BETA I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23 2008, 08:37

I HAVEN'T PLAYED THE BETA ENOUGH TO GIVE IT A FAIR WRITE UP MATE, BEEN PES'ING MY ASS OFF!

But i'm gonna give cod a miss this year.
Back to top Go down
Scottish Champ

Scottish Champ

Number of posts : 3432
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: COD 5 WAW - ONLINE BETA   COD 5 WAW - ONLINE BETA I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23 2008, 10:23

I wasnt lying when I said its the same as COD 4 but with old guns!
Back to top Go down
Mungo D
Admin
Mungo D

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2007-06-11

PostSubject: Re: COD 5 WAW - ONLINE BETA   COD 5 WAW - ONLINE BETA I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23 2008, 10:44

Scottish Champ wrote:
I wasnt lying when I said its the same as COD 4 but with old guns!

What did they say when you tried to trade it in then ?
Back to top Go down
rocket the frog

rocket the frog

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2007-07-12

PostSubject: Re: COD 5 WAW - ONLINE BETA   COD 5 WAW - ONLINE BETA I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23 2008, 11:01

[quote="OBI 1CAN BLO ME"]I HAVEN'T PLAYED THE BETA ENOUGH TO GIVE IT A FAIR WRITE UP MATE, BEEN PES'ING MY ASS OFF!

But i'm gonna give cod a miss thud
Back to top Go down
ImpaledGremlin
Admin
ImpaledGremlin

Number of posts : 2800
Registration date : 2007-06-14

PostSubject: Re: COD 5 WAW - ONLINE BETA   COD 5 WAW - ONLINE BETA I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16 2008, 10:09

ok COD5 WaW

not much to say if you played cod4 this is it set in WWII so you have old weapons, some things changed ie airstrike is artillery, helicopters are attack dogs (fuckers they are) and the perks are a little diff but follow the same thing ie camoflague hides you from a recon plane(uav sweep) but your sniper can have a silencer although kill cam as before is on

graphically it doesn't look as good as cod4 IMO but works with the grimy setting and the maps are good, loads of blown up buildings to rummage through or set up ambushes in

Also lots of game modes, remember brothers in arms was wank for this, COd has plenty and also plenty of maps for the initial few months anyhow.

None are crazy like shipment which for some is a good thing, for me i miss it lol

You still get to stab peeps although i have found i do it a lot less than before and the squalshy noise is missing so its NOT AS fulfilling but still is good.

Have played single player for about 30 mins TBH not why i got the game and only did some when the net was playing up - its quite good and the japs are sneaky fucks lol

overall i'd recomend getting this IF you like cod 4 BUT also remember some maps have tanks and it can be a fucker unless you really blast em quick you can find yourself down by a few kills pretty quick. Sniping whilst not pinpoint accurate is great and a few snipers, a tank and some idiots running around seems to work well

Enjoyed palying wth ninja and the 2 bobs the other day and i can only assume that a room of PEAs will be like old times - ps im yet to hurl abuse at anyone lol!
Back to top Go down
guyderman

guyderman

Localisation : If there is a bright centre of the universe, Im in the city that is farthest from it - Birmingham

PostSubject: Re: COD 5 WAW - ONLINE BETA   COD 5 WAW - ONLINE BETA I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18 2008, 01:46

Got this for my Birthday and had an hour or so last night on Single Player - I've got to say - Not bad at all - in fact it's very good! Easy to get into after playing COD4 and some lovely settings - total contrast when you go from the Jungles of the Pacific Islands to the War torn streets of Russia.
Nice atmosphere - Fantastic sound and I must admit that the weapons are not as bad as I thought they would be.
Great feeling when you get charged by a Jap with a Bayonet only to pull out your knife and stab him in the throat!
I'm impressed - will give the Multiplayer a go once I've finished the Single player campaign, but so far so good!
Back to top Go down
guyderman

guyderman

PostSubject: Re: COD 5 WAW - ONLINE BETA   COD 5 WAW - ONLINE BETA I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20 2008, 02:32

Finished the single player campaign last night - It was a very good game although very short.
Nice Gameplay - Very Gory too!
Have sold it this morning on Ebay and actually made some money on it! cheers

Think I might pick up Dead Space tonight on the way home and give that a go!
Back to top Go down
ObiwanKanBlowMe

ObiwanKanBlowMe

PostSubject: Re: COD 5 WAW - ONLINE BETA   COD 5 WAW - ONLINE BETA I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20 2008, 02:47

COME BACK ON GEARS YOU FANNY! WE MISS YOU.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: COD 5 WAW - ONLINE BETA   COD 5 WAW - ONLINE BETA I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

COD 5 WAW - ONLINE BETA
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Video Game Reviews-
Jump to: