Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inGamer News

G.O.W 2

Go down 
+4
rocket the frog
delly
Scottish Champ
ObiwanKanBlowMe
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ObiwanKanBlowMe

ObiwanKanBlowMe

Number of posts : 4478
Localisation : Manchester - THE BEST PLACE TO LIVE ON THE FUCKING PLANET
Registration date : 2007-06-15

G.O.W 2 Empty
PostSubject: G.O.W 2   G.O.W 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07 2009, 05:54

So it’s been 2 months now, 2 months of solid play. 2 months of mouth dropping moments of brilliance & 2months of shouting at my tv because of the lag in some games. Gears 2, really a love hate relationship. When it’s good, it’s one of the best online games I’ve ever played, when it’s bad, well I’ve fucked offline in a burning rage & stabbed 5 midgets!

Firstly, I’ll start with the single player/co-op campaign. As shooters go, this is deffo the best single player shoot em up I’ve played. The gameplay, the graphics, the story, the moments when you’re completely out numbered and wondering how the fudged you’ll survive, all of these things contribute to a great experience. Probably 12-15 hours of game play on normal/hardcore mode there. However notch it up to insane and playing single player and you can double that, maybe even treble it. This is where co-op is brilliant. Co-op on insane is class, played many co-op games and gears 2 wipes the floor with most of them. Playing with Scottish on insane it took us a good while to complete, and there were many parts that took us several attempts to do. Quite simply genius.

I’ll break the online mode down in to the 2 different game types – Co-op and vs.

So Co-op, or “Horde” mode as we know it. This sees 5 of us vs attacking waves of locust. You start on wave 1, and it goes up to wave 50. But every 10 waves the enemy gain more strength, better accuracy and inflict more damage! I dare you to start off on insane and see how far you get! Horde is a good little add on I think, and we’ve spent many hours on this, plus it’s always fun to play. And more importantly there’s no lag in horde!

The VS’ mode, the game type which we all play the most. I’d say more than 60% of the games we’ve played now have not been perfect. There’s been issues with lag, or the guns being inconsistent. There’s many flaws, the glitches, the glitchers, the torque bow being too accurate, the chainsaw having a gravitational pull! But even with all these flaws, we keep playing and coming back! WHY? Well because for those 35% of times where we’ve played with no lag, no glitchers, the weapons doing what they are supposed to do, we remember those times, and how close it felt to gaming perfection in a vs game……..Plus I’ve never played a game like Gears that gets people angry, annoyed and frustrated…I’m not talking about because of the lag, but because you’ve just been killed….I mean think about it, COD4, you die, you respawn and you’re not too fussed…gears you die, you wait till the end of the next round…safe to say when most of us are killed one of the following lines can be heard
“NO WAY MAN, I SHOT HIM FIRST”….”BULL SHIT, FUCKING BULLSHIT”….”AHH FUCKING GRANADES” ….”AHHH CHAINSAW NOOBS!”!

There’s various game modes online, a nice change for gears 1 where you only had Warzone, Excution and Annex……the previous 3 included , gears 2 also has Wingman, which is 2v2v2v2v2…good fun but stupidly hard, it’s all about spawn points in that mode, king of the hill (think headquarters on cod4) & submission….submission is a game type we really have’t played much given we always search for the elimination game type, submission sees 5v5 as normal, but with a flag in the middle, good old capture the flag, except the flag is an AI bot who has a shot gun, ouch!

And then we have guardian, which I enjoy. Each team has a leader and as long as he is alive the team will continue to re-spawn, once he’s dead however your team reverts back to warzone rules!

I know most of you already the above, but for the none gear peas hope you learned a little…

In conclusion

Single Player/Co-op - 10/10
Horde Mode – 8/10 – (can get a little boring once you’ve completed it)
Online – 8/10 – high score I know given the lag issues, but high because when it works there’s no finer online game in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Scottish Champ

Scottish Champ

Number of posts : 3432
Registration date : 2007-06-19

G.O.W 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: G.O.W 2   G.O.W 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07 2009, 06:15

GOW 2 is immense, as the review says online can be very frustrating but is still great fun
Back to top Go down
delly

delly

Number of posts : 1461
Registration date : 2008-02-19

G.O.W 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: G.O.W 2   G.O.W 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07 2009, 06:21

I would have to agree with everything said, although i dont agree with stabbing midgets......i have a picture of cheese pinned to a dartboard and everytime i get killed i throw another dart and it.....yep 687 pin holes and still you can see his belly lol!
Back to top Go down
ObiwanKanBlowMe

ObiwanKanBlowMe

G.O.W 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: G.O.W 2   G.O.W 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07 2009, 06:30

lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

G.O.W 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: G.O.W 2   G.O.W 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07 2009, 06:34

I love this game but hate it so much...

Good review Obi applaud

oh and Delly... So is your mum Wanker lol!
Back to top Go down
rocket the frog

rocket the frog

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2007-07-12

G.O.W 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: G.O.W 2   G.O.W 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07 2009, 10:41

this game sounds great .... i might buy it Embarassed
Back to top Go down
SmileyBuddha

Number of posts : 1489

G.O.W 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: G.O.W 2   G.O.W 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07 2009, 10:48

we all still play...and by the looks we all still will...other than ruairi...hehe
Back to top Go down
Vinchante

Vinchante

Number of posts : 530
Registration date : 2007-06-14

G.O.W 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: G.O.W 2   G.O.W 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11 2009, 12:30

good review obi. might pick it up when I've more time to play
Back to top Go down
http://www.vincentsmit.nl
ObiwanKanBlowMe

ObiwanKanBlowMe

G.O.W 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: G.O.W 2   G.O.W 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12 2009, 02:35

will be good to see you on vin!
Back to top Go down
Hursty02

Hursty02

Number of posts : 1330
Registration date : 2007-08-07

G.O.W 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: G.O.W 2   G.O.W 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12 2009, 10:19

Just completed it, foocking amazing, loved every min of it, next stop, insain
Back to top Go down
RuairiD

RuairiD

Number of posts : 1416
Localisation : Norn Iron - Capital of the UK & starting point for the creation of this puny planet
Registration date : 2007-11-10

G.O.W 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: G.O.W 2   G.O.W 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13 2009, 11:16

Obi be quiet you little douchebag, what did you do with my review of this game? Wanker hate you

This game is PISH

Ok single player & co-op are excellent I'll admit, but online is constant pish. I'm pretty good at shooters, but when Dagsy (No offense Dagsy but you got more chainsaw kills than gun kills) can run half way across the map while you empty 2 clips in him & then he chainsaws you or where you shoot someone point blank with a shotgun twice & they turn around and hit you with their gun then shoot you once & you drop WTF the cnut should be lying in a pool of his own guts & blood!!!!!

PISH PISH PISH PISH PISH

Oh by the way I'll be playing GOW2 tomo night for a bit anyone on?
Back to top Go down
SmileyBuddha

G.O.W 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: G.O.W 2   G.O.W 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13 2009, 11:19

HAHAHAHA!
Back to top Go down
delly

delly

Number of posts : 1461
Registration date : 2008-02-19

G.O.W 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: G.O.W 2   G.O.W 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14 2009, 08:12

RuairiD wrote:
but when Dagsy (No offense Dagsy but you got more chainsaw kills than gun kills) can run half way across the map while you empty 2 clips in him & then he chainsaws you

lol! they dont call him jacinto chainsaw dags for nothing

lol! at your review dont think i have heard the word PISH used that many times since i beat champ at PES09 lol!
Back to top Go down

G.O.W 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: G.O.W 2   G.O.W 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14 2009, 08:23

Obviously you have never heard Scottish' opinion on my Gears skills delly lol!
Back to top Go down
SmileyBuddha

G.O.W 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: G.O.W 2   G.O.W 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14 2009, 08:30

LOL
Back to top Go down
Scottish Champ

Scottish Champ

Number of posts : 3432