Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inGamer News

Far Cry 2 - My View.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ObiwanKanBlowMe

ObiwanKanBlowMe

Number of posts : 4478
Localisation : Manchester - THE BEST PLACE TO LIVE ON THE FUCKING PLANET
Registration date : 2007-06-15

Far Cry 2 - My View. Empty
PostSubject: Far Cry 2 - My View.   Far Cry 2 - My View. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27 2008, 03:55

Far Cry…..

Well, I thought I’d buy this game simply because I looked at my friends list on Saturday night and all I could see was people playing new games, Fable 2, Far Cry 2 & DeadSpace….I wanted a new game I couldn’t wait until the 31st for Fallout 3….So off to town I plodded!

I’ve probably played around an hour or 2 of the single player mode, there’s a few things I like, for instance the way you can bring your map up (your guy holds it in his hand) and you can carry on playing around wondering around.

However, single player mode just isn’t doing it for me, maybe this is not a fair judgement as I’ve not given the game enough time to grab me by the short and curlies & make me want to play it…but that’s the thing though, most single player games that I WANT TO PLAY after the first 10-15 minutes have already put their hands down my pants, grabbed hold tight & refuse to let go for a good several hours each day, think Oblivion, GTA or PES BAL mode. (Maybe Guy can give a more balanced opinion on the single player mode as he’s McLoving it!)

As with 95% of my games though, they are not purchased for the single player modes. It’s all about the online player. The first few hours of far cry online I was loving it, playing with Rocket, November (YES HE’S STILL ALIVE, though he said he’d be an hour taking the dog for a walk and the mofo never came back online!) & a few other randoms. You levelled up quickly, upgraded your weapons, had fun driving around in the various cars/trucks and I even said that it played like COD meets GRAW…..it seemed that way, you could camp it up, snipe from a far or just run around like a noob blasting anything that moves!

So then last night I popped the disc in and went back online with it, the first that nearly made me throw up was the fact in player matches you do not keep your rank. So the previous night I was up to rank 4, and had upgraded several weapons & ALL FOR NOTHING. Which was pants!..

So I played some rank matches. And the more I played Far Cry 2 online, the more I liked it less. Which I’m gutted about, I started off thinking that maybe, this could be the game which we all get and enjoy. I can’t put my finger on it, but it just doesn’t do it for me….Maybe I’ve been spoilt by GRAW & COD, maybe I’m expecting too much from a game nowadays?

I’m afraid to say though, this game will be traded in on the 31st of October for Fallout 3 & until then, it will remain on my shelf far from the disc drive of my 360.
Back to top Go down
guyderman

guyderman

Number of posts : 1853
Localisation : If there is a bright centre of the universe, Im in the city that is farthest from it - Birmingham
Registration date : 2007-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 2 - My View.   Far Cry 2 - My View. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27 2008, 06:51

Single player is brilliant - plays very similar in style to GTA - open missions - easy to get side tracked and do side missions instead while on your way to your main objectives - the Game looks and sounds amazing - Does everything it can to keep you immersed in the game such as the map thing which Obi mentioned and the vehicles handle brilliant - you really feel like you're driving off road - Once you start getting into this game it sucks you in - (only thing which may be a down point for some people is that there is a fair bit of travelling involved between objectives but similar to GTA there is a quick transposrt system which lets you catch the Bus from one side of the map to the other) - I'm loving the single player mode and I genuinley like the characters in the game - the Buddy system is great and they help you out if you get stuck in a jam - The First player perspective is ace. SP not as fast and frantic as COD but a little more laid back like GRAW. Almost has a RPG element to it too with the collecting diamonds and using them to buy upgrades for weapons and doing sidequests for different characters. Oh and Fire in the game is amazing - can be your best friend and with one shift of the wind turn into your worst enemy - but it is breathtaking to watch as it spreads - Think I've burnt down half of Africa by now!

Only played about four matches on MP but it seemed Ok - got into it easy enough and think it could be fun - but in all seriousness though I was under no illusions that this was gonna be a MP game which we played a lot with Gears 2 only 2 weeks away and COD5 only 3 weeks away.

Controls on the game feel good too as the layout is nearly identical to COD4.

Shame your not enjoying it Obi.
Back to top Go down
ObiwanKanBlowMe

ObiwanKanBlowMe

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 2 - My View.   Far Cry 2 - My View. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27 2008, 06:57

Yeah just think it's not for me Sad but hey we can't all like the same games...Smile
Back to top Go down
Scottish Champ

Scottish Champ

Number of posts : 3432
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 2 - My View.   Far Cry 2 - My View. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27 2008, 07:41

OBI 1CAN BLO ME wrote:
but hey we can't all like the same games...Smile

HERE HERE!
Back to top Go down
harmarsuperstar

harmarsuperstar

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 2 - My View.   Far Cry 2 - My View. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27 2008, 07:47

Same here Obi. Not too keen on MP at the moment. It seems so slow and the aiming of the guns....I just dont like it.

Having said that the best bit was using the flamethrower in long grass, and not realising I killed the chap in front kept on burning, set the whole bushland alight and killed myself !

SP seems like a big game, but I dont have the time to really dedicate to it. Lots of driving from here to there to get more drugs !

Im going to trade it in at Game for GOW2, think it reduces the price of GOW2 to 15 quid
Back to top Go down
guyderman

guyderman

Number of posts : 1853
Localisation : If there is a bright centre of the universe, Im in the city that is farthest from it - Birmingham
Registration date : 2007-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 2 - My View.   Far Cry 2 - My View. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27 2008, 08:19

Looks like it's just me then Sad

Must have crap taste in games lol!
Back to top Go down
ObiwanKanBlowMe

ObiwanKanBlowMe

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 2 - My View.   Far Cry 2 - My View. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27 2008, 08:22

lol!

can't wait for gears!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 2 - My View.   Far Cry 2 - My View. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Far Cry 2 - My View.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Video Game Reviews-
Jump to: