Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inGamer News

Saints Row 2

Go down 
+2
ImpaledGremlin
Scottish Champ
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Saints Row 2 Empty
PostSubject: Saints Row 2   Saints Row 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21 2009, 11:14

Last edited by ManSizeCheese on Wed Mar 25 2009, 08:25; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Scottish Champ

Scottish Champ

Number of posts : 3432
Registration date : 2007-06-19

Saints Row 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints Row 2   Saints Row 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21 2009, 11:25

Ive got a way to describe it.

Saints row II.....Only a cock would buy it after GTA IV
Back to top Go down

Saints Row 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints Row 2   Saints Row 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21 2009, 11:39

Well it was worth a go!!! i'm trading it back in for GTA4 this weekend anyway lol!
Back to top Go down
ImpaledGremlin
Admin
ImpaledGremlin

Number of posts : 2800
Registration date : 2007-06-14

Saints Row 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints Row 2   Saints Row 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22 2009, 16:32

ok not the most in depth review - but i think you get the point across nicely lol
Back to top Go down

Saints Row 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints Row 2   Saints Row 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23 2009, 03:23

Short and eloquent Gremmo lol
Back to top Go down
delly

delly

Number of posts : 1461
Registration date : 2008-02-19

Saints Row 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints Row 2   Saints Row 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23 2009, 05:08

ManSizeCheese wrote:

I'd have said you were short and fat cheers
Back to top Go down
RuairiD

RuairiD

Number of posts : 1416
Localisation : Norn Iron - Capital of the UK & starting point for the creation of this puny planet
Registration date : 2007-11-10

Saints Row 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints Row 2   Saints Row 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23 2009, 10:56

delly wrote:
ManSizeCheese wrote:

I'd have said you were short and fat cheers

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
guyderman

guyderman

Number of posts : 1853
Localisation : If there is a bright centre of the universe, Im in the city that is farthest from it - Birmingham
Registration date : 2007-07-11

Saints Row 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints Row 2   Saints Row 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25 2009, 07:14

GTA4 shines in presentation, storyline, online etc. but if you actually look below the surface of SR2 there is a really good fun game in there - It's a title that almost takes the piss out of itself - and GTA. If you give it some time it's actually a very good game - just not very pretty!
Back to top Go down

Saints Row 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints Row 2   Saints Row 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25 2009, 07:17

It was the handling of the cars that really killed it for me. i enjoy bombing around liberty city but it just felt like you were in a go cart on SR2
Back to top Go down
guyderman

guyderman

Localisation : If there is a bright centre of the universe, Im in the city that is farthest from it - Birmingham

Saints Row 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints Row 2   Saints Row 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25 2009, 07:30

ManSizeCheese wrote:
It was the handling of the cars that really killed it for me. i enjoy bombing around liberty city but it just felt like you were in a go cart on SR2

Fair enough - so what you are saying is that because the cars handle differently to GTA 'The only way to describe this game is PISS'

You do know the idea of a Review section is constructive criticsm - The idea being that you point out both a games weaknesses and strengths and a game like SR2 although it does have it's flaws also has a lot of strengths (some of which even exceed GTA4).
By the way PGR4's cars handle differently to GTA too - actually making GTA's cars feel like a Go Karts in comparison - Total Piss maybe?
Back to top Go down

Saints Row 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints Row 2   Saints Row 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25 2009, 07:44

thud
Back to top Go down
guyderman

guyderman

Saints Row 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints Row 2   Saints Row 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25 2009, 08:06

ManSizeCheese wrote:
thud

Good intelligent answer - as I expected - Oh well I suppose at least your post count is up by 'one'.
Back to top Go down

Saints Row 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints Row 2   Saints Row 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25 2009, 08:24

Ok guy no problem. My "review" as you call it has now been deleted. Feel free to update a full and consice one
Back to top Go down
SmileyBuddha

Number of posts : 1489
Registration date : 2007-06-19

Saints Row 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints Row 2   Saints Row 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25 2009, 08:44

is that how we play this game? thud
Back to top Go down
guyderman

guyderman

Saints Row 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints Row 2   Saints Row 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25 2009, 09:36

ManSizeCheese wrote:
Ok guy no problem. My "review" as you call it has now been deleted. Feel free to update a full and consice one

I couldn't care less if you deleted it - all I was saying is that if someone is going to take the time to review a game then a bit more thought and effort should go into it otherwise it's not worth bothering with - especially when there are games that a few people on here might enjoy which are just run down for no good reason and therefore get missed - is SR2 worth paying £40 for - probably not - now you can pick it up for £15 - worth every penny as it is a large, open and fun game - not very pretty i grant you - cars handle like Go karts - personally go karts are great fun to ride and work very well in this style of game.

SR2 is all about having Fun and deserves better than someone just telling everyone it's piss.

This is the point I was trying to make.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Saints Row 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints Row 2   Saints Row 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Saints Row 2
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Video Game Reviews-
Jump to: