Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inGamer News

Left 4 dead

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SmileyBuddha

Number of posts : 1489
Registration date : 2007-06-19

Left 4 dead Empty
PostSubject: Left 4 dead   Left 4 dead I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21 2009, 12:43

this game is a down and dirty FPS. I liek it. it doesn't try to pretend it's the best out there. and obviously it's not.

The single player is a waste of time as the ai is retarded...(picture man size in gears of war pretending to play cod.)

but the multiplayer is fast paced and a load of fun.

you get seperated into two teams. 1 of 4, the survivors the other of 4 the zombies. the survivors are running through a campaign from point a to b. as tehy go tehre are standard retarded "mansize" zombies. but the zombie players spaw as special zombies with power attacks. yes they are easy to kill hte zombies but zombies have unlimited respawns.

The survivors have limited ammo, life and as they get hurt they slow a bit.

zombies can do a lot of fun maneuvers.

1 - does a leaping attack and downs their enemy rending it's flesh until killed by ANOTHER player. great way to pick of the wounded in teh back of the line...or the hursty that goes off on their own.

2 - has a tongue attack, this attack can go LONG distances and snares the survivor around his neck then drags him towards teh zombie this removes a survivor from teh pack and as with the 1st zombie needs to be killed by another survivor. you can climb up onto buildings and choke them out from above as you see teh survivor doing the hangmans dance unless saved!

3 - the big fatty zombie is slow but pukes a vicious and disorienting spew that blurs the survivors vision so tehy end up shooting everything including friends...yes survivors can kill each other

4 - the boss, once in a while you get to play as a HUGE monster who is super strong and can beat teh absolute crap out of the survivors. nuff said

this game is ALL about team work as teh survivors. you leave the pack and you are basically done...

so as each chapter finishes the sides switch and the score is based on distance survival rating and how many made it. as well as a few otehr things such as dmg points etc...

it's repeticious but it's fun. a great change from the seriousness of some better games.

controls are standard and the graphics are ok.

it's about having a bit of fun and running for your life or stopping the enemy dead in their tracks.

a bit worried it might get boring....but if you're playing with some frineds then you're likely to have apretty fun time.

there is also a co-op campaign mode but ahvn't done much with it.

all in all...so far. a 7/10 but with a good crew and a few beer an 8
Back to top Go down
ImpaledGremlin
Admin
ImpaledGremlin

Number of posts : 2800
Registration date : 2007-06-14

Left 4 dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left 4 dead   Left 4 dead I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22 2009, 16:31

cheers smiley - think this is one that would be ok if a few of us had it - is it a new'ish release?? i wouldnt pay top dollar for it but if it was a cheapo game and during the lull we will get i might be tempted if a few of us had it
Back to top Go down
ObiwanKanBlowMe

ObiwanKanBlowMe

Number of posts : 4478
Localisation : Manchester - THE BEST PLACE TO LIVE ON THE FUCKING PLANET
Registration date : 2007-06-15

Left 4 dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left 4 dead   Left 4 dead I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22 2009, 16:48

good review Smile

like grem i would be interested in picking this up when it falls in price here Smile
Back to top Go down
ImpaledGremlin
Admin
ImpaledGremlin

Number of posts : 2800
Registration date : 2007-06-14

Left 4 dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left 4 dead   Left 4 dead I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22 2009, 18:03

ps: good to see someone else doing a little review cheers
Back to top Go down
harmarsuperstar

harmarsuperstar

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Left 4 dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left 4 dead   Left 4 dead I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23 2009, 07:14

good review mate, are there many people on it online ?
Back to top Go down
SmileyBuddha

Number of posts : 1489
Registration date : 2007-06-19

Left 4 dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left 4 dead   Left 4 dead I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23 2009, 07:57

there seems to be a few...it's funny as i think everyone who owns it only plays when they have a room or near a room of friends to go in with. there's some douchbag americans on there so a good 3 or 4 friends are needed for a good time i think.

it is newish but think you might find a used copy if it wasn't what ppl were looking for.

i've been on and joined a few games with strangers that went really well. but morons are morons and when 1 guy isn't your friend and he ends up being a dick and shots and kills ya...that can be annoying. but it's also easy to cast a vote to kick a player on your team. hence the three minimum. LOL

i saw a used copy around already.

if mansize were to buy it i bet the survivors would never win...he'd shot his friends in teh face far too often! lol. that is ariot when you get beaten up too much you fall down like in gears but you can't move and you can still shoot...i guess more like in COD. a friend can revive you and as you're lying there with a single or (dual) pistol(s) you keep shooting all teh zombies but i swear every 4th shot you hit the guy who's trying to revive ya! LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Left 4 dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left 4 dead   Left 4 dead I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Left 4 dead
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Video Game Reviews-
Jump to: